2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2006 10:30 AM by Newsgroup_User

Audio Pop?  Please help!

korkster911 Level 1
      I have a project I need to complete very quickly and am in the final stages of developing. It's basically a linear presentation with an audio file as a narration (Stream sync sound). The problem is that when I create an swf presentation, Flash adds audio pops to the track??? They aren't part of the waveform or original file but are definately there, in the same place everytime??? When it's published as a "start" sync the pop is gone. It only seems to be there as a stream sync?

I've tried all different types of audio settings from mp3 to speech to raw and nothing seems to help??? The audio pop is always there!!! (And it's on two different presentations with two different audio files!)
        • 1. Re: Audio Pop?  Please help!
          korkster911 Level 1
          Fixed the issue. Converting Stereo to Mono was causing the pop... Keep it Stereo, problem gone...
          • 2. Re: Audio Pop?  Please help!
            Level 7
            "korkster911" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e4shiq$r1b$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I have a project I need to complete very quickly and am in the final stages of
            > developing. It's basically a linear presentation with an audio file as a
            > narration. The problem is that when I create an swf presentation, Flash adds
            > audio pops to the track??? They aren't part of the waveform or original file
            > but are definately there, in the same place everytime???
            >
            > I've tried all different types of audio settings from mp3 to speech to raw
            > and nothing seems to help??? The audio pop is always there!!! (And it's on
            > two different presentations with two different audi files!)

Did you check the audio waveforms to make sure it's not there in the audio? If you don't have an audio editor, download the free
            one called Audacity. Inspect the waveform to see if there are any spikes in it. You can zoom in on sections where the popping is
            heard. I've never heard of Flash adding anything but overcompression of the Flash output audio could distort the sound. (check
            your mp3 export setting in Flash)
            If you want someone else to check it, make a mini-version of the file with the problem in it and post a link to it.
            tralfaz