Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom - creating gradient band not bottom up or top down

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I'm want to enhance my horizons by just putting a gradient strip in isolation along the area. It's a sunset so it would be darker at the horizon lightening upwards to transparent. Any ideas how? I only seem to be able to pull a gradient from bottom up/top down etc.

Thanks

Marion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Newer versions of Lightroom allow you to erase the gradient in the areas where you don't want it (i.e. below the horizon).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer versions of Lightroom allow you to erase the gradient in the areas where you don't want it (i.e. below the horizon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking for the "reflected" gradient like Photoshop has, Lightroom does not do that. The only gradient LR has is the single direction gradient.

To mimic PS's "reflected" gradient, you will need to put two LR gradients together manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

a gradient strip

Of interest is that the Radial Filter can be used to achieve the 'limited' gradient strip.

Just extend it past the boundaries of the image.

You still have feather, can rotate, and all the usual adjustments of the Gradient filter.

ScreenShot032.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines