4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2017 6:23 PM by dkm247

Sending render to encoder from Ae - takes too a long time or doesn't appear at all

dkm247 Level 1

When working on large projects, if I try to send a render to encoder it takes an extremely long time (up to half an hour) to appear in the encoder queue or just never appears at all.  I am currently running Ae 2017.2, encoder 2017.1 and OSX

I am currently running Ae 2017.2, encoder 2017.1 and OSX el Capitan 10.11.6.

(current project causing me issues is an 80mb aep file referencing many vector files. duration of main export is 5min)

I am a freelance animator and have used many different iMacs, towers, and MacBooks and I have been having this same issue in all locations for about 2 years.

There is no way to know if the comp is being processed for rendering or if I am just wasting my time waiting for it to appear in Encoder (I am currently missing my lunchbreak hoping for the comp to pop up in Encoder.)

If this is just how Encoder works then my suggested fix would be a process bar indicating that an ae comp is pending.