• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print a long image on A4 printer

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have produced an image which is 29.7cms wide and 168 cms tall. It is for use in our Priory Church's appeal to show donations marked as points on the church building. What I intend is to print the image on 8 A4 pages and paste them together on a board to create the display board for this purpose. I know I will need to use good quality paper that will allow me to print to the edges of the paper.

I now have to split it into the 8 pages for printing. The only way I can think of doing this is to crop the full image into consecutive A4 pages - a lot of careful measuring to get each crop of 29.7 cms wide by 21 cms high in the right position.

Is there an easier way of doing this with less chance of getting my sums wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Begadoc  wrote

Is there an easier way of doing this with less chance of getting my sums wrong?

Yes, there is a way easier method.  Take it to your local print shop and get them to do it one piece.  The cost of this will probably be hardly any more than the cost of the ink you'd use making eight photo quality prints on your inkjet, and you won't have those nasty joints.

I gave up using large format printers years ago, because the cost of the printer and its consumables, would get you a ton of professionally made prints, plus you don't have the hassle of having half your desk space taken up.  Having said that, I must admit to having two A4 large printers here, but one is a colour laser, which I love!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I didn't get back to your suggestion. I hadn't thought of taking into account the cost of ink! Anyway, people dug deep and we got the cash we needed for the essential work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines