6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2017 6:48 PM by elainecc

To import UI kits

perrybrus Level 1

How do I import UI kits to extend what is already available in the Open UI Kit --> UI Kits in the left menu?

• 1. Re: To import UI kits
          Preran Adobe Employee

Hi perrybrus,

Is this what you are looking for? Custom UI Kits – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Please vote for this feature request, or look up similar ones on the site. If you don't find any, create a new feature request.

Thanks,

Preran

• 2. Re: To import UI kits
            perrybrus Level 1

Partly. I guess what I'm saying here is that it would be great  to be able to implement UI kits and then get access to those via the left menu. I picked up a site that had UI kits for Xd but I can't really see how to utilize that as its not possible to implement those. Are they meant to be Xd project files? In PS you have brushes and custom shapes integrated into the respective palettes so to speak, but in Xd I can't really see how UI kits are possible to implement?

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: To import UI kits
              elainecc Adobe Employee

Definitely upvote for the idea that Preran posted to you. The UI Kits in the products are simply XD files that are available from the menu.

-Elaine

• 4. Re: To import UI kits
                perrybrus Level 1

Again, I'm not sure if I understand what your saying. "The UI Kits in the products are simply XD files that are available from the menu." But it's not. The UI kits for download are Xd projects - right? Can't see any of them integrated in the menu.

• 5. Re: To import UI kits
                  Mungiguerra

You are correct perrybrus. I have been learning the software over the past day, and in all of the tutorials I have seen the ui kits seem to open akin to a project file. However in my version, which I downloaded like two days ago, I have to find the xd project file like any other file and have it open to copy and paste elements into whatever I am working on. Kind of annoying, so I will be looking for a "library" function in the feature requests.

• 6. Re: To import UI kits
                    elainecc Adobe Employee

Got it. The tutorials you're reading are out of date, as this was changed in our August release.

-Elaine