• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replicating Ubuntu 16.04's default desktop help

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, as the title mentions, I'm having trouble with figuring out what effects were used to generate the lines found in the Ubuntu 16.04 desktop background, a link to which is here: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Xerus_Default_Wallpaper-750x422.jpg 

I'm a bit new to photoshop still, so I don't quite understand how the contrast was achieved by those lines. I've tried a glow line effect that there's many tutorials for, but the effect doesn't seem quite right. If anyone knows exactly how this was done, I would be very thankful!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Hi you could try this

Make a layer with a gradient from orange to purple.

Make a selection (using the polygonal lasso) in the shape of the area  to be changed and then add a curves adjustment layer. The adjustment layer will automatically have a mask in the shape you selected.

Adjust the curve to slightly darken or slightly lighten the image below.

Repeat for the other shapes

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xerus_Default_Wallpaper-750x422.jpg

Look like 7 area were filled with closely matched color shades and then a gradient overlay was blended in with a mode like screen or multiply.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you could try this

Make a layer with a gradient from orange to purple.

Make a selection (using the polygonal lasso) in the shape of the area  to be changed and then add a curves adjustment layer. The adjustment layer will automatically have a mask in the shape you selected.

Adjust the curve to slightly darken or slightly lighten the image below.

Repeat for the other shapes

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines