5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2017 4:01 AM by hajduk1910

Lightroom 2015 CC is very slow on good PC

hajduk1910 Level 1

SYSTEM SPECS:

• Ryzen 7 1700 3.0 GHZ
      • 16GB Performance RAM in dual channel mode at 3000MHz
      • Radeon RX 460 2GB(updated graphics drivers regularly and disable GPU acceleration in LR)
      • SSD's + HDD
      • Windows 10
      • All drivers update

The program works very slowly in the "develop" mode, the image can read about 5-10 seconds and doesn't even help with 1: 1 previews. Additionally, the LR can jam for a few seconds and it has to restore it so that it can reasonably work. The longer a program is running, the slower it is.

To name just a few off the top of my head: I've tried running LR with GPU acceleration enabled or disabled, no difference (although GPU is confirmed to be supported). I have 20GB of cache, didn't seem to matter. LR Software, cache, are on a prosumer-grade SSD with plenty of extra space.I have seen tons of forum posts with users having the same issue as me despite many having similar to higher-spec PC's. My co-worker uses Lightroom 5 on an outdated PC, and it runs much better than it does on my modern system with modern software. I don't get it? Is there something I'm missing here?I really don't want to be another one of those people who talk smack and say that Adobe doesn't care to streamline & optimize due to lack of competition.