• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFML

Participant ,
May 26, 2006 May 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the correct way to go about the CrLf in CFML???? I getting better results but it seems that my new lines all start with commas like

,datadata
,datadata

do i need to add the Trim command to it......or is my syntax not correct enough for the operation I am trying to handle????
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 26, 2006 May 26, 2006

This is related to your multiple checkbox problem we started yesterday right?

remember, CF will be getting one set of data for every checkbox you check and it will be comma-delimited. Therefore if you check 2 boxes you will get 2 lines, each starting with a comma ... if you check 3 boxes you will get 3 lines each starting with a comma ... and so on and so forth.

In the code that writes to the text file ( not the code that populates the checkbox), if you really need to get rid of the commas...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 26, 2006 May 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is related to your multiple checkbox problem we started yesterday right?

remember, CF will be getting one set of data for every checkbox you check and it will be comma-delimited. Therefore if you check 2 boxes you will get 2 lines, each starting with a comma ... if you check 3 boxes you will get 3 lines each starting with a comma ... and so on and so forth.

In the code that writes to the text file ( not the code that populates the checkbox), if you really need to get rid of the commas, just use replacenocase to swap commas for blanks and choose ALL for the scope.

If you want a full CRLF, then it should be 13, then 10 ... but I think you would be just as happy if you simply use 10 (linefeed only)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation