• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC will not open import dialogue box when card is installed.

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a card is installed I get the windows import options as to what to do with the inserted card.  I select to import photos into Lightroom.  Windows will not launch Lightroom CC from this option.  In order to import images I now need to open lightroom and select the import dialogue from within the program.  Again LIghtroom will  not open using the win 10 prompts when a card is installed.

I have the options of showing import dialogue "when a memory card is selected" so that's not the problem.  this has started happening about a month ago or longer.

Regards,

Jim Ropel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

If LR is open and you then insert a memory card does the import dialog window come up?

Not sure but, as I've never used that option, if LR isn't open already, or some type of LR process running in the background, the Windows Auto Play feature has never worked with LR in cases like this. LR is not a File Manager and can't display images unless they are imported already. The LR execute doesn't know what to do with a RAW, JPG, TIFF or any other image file extension without it being imported already.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ropes,

Please check is your Lightroom updated to the latest version? also, you may try and reset the Lightroom preferences back to the defaults.

Refer: Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If LR is open and you then insert a memory card does the import dialog window come up?

Not sure but, as I've never used that option, if LR isn't open already, or some type of LR process running in the background, the Windows Auto Play feature has never worked with LR in cases like this. LR is not a File Manager and can't display images unless they are imported already. The LR execute doesn't know what to do with a RAW, JPG, TIFF or any other image file extension without it being imported already. It is not a Image File Viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines