Exit

Table styles

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

While working on a brochure I was wondering;

Our leaflets all have the same styled spec-sheet on the back. And I have already linked the information to an Excel file with worksheets for different machines. Every spec-sheet should look the same, so the same table style, table width, cell styles and paragraph styles. No problem setting this up for 1 table. But... Is it possible to export these setting as one "style" and apply it, from the cc library, to all spec-sheets?

Would love to here YES! but if this is not the case, please share some tips about how to approach this

Thanks!

Marten

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can load the table (and other) styles from a existing document via the table styles panel menu.

Or you can create a template file (*.indt) for easy future use.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx, I'll try the template part when I get back to work next week.

Regards,

Marten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this could help but years ago, as a corporate designer, I edited brochures with recurrent contents. I chose to create a small indesign documents that I later imported inside other docs as link. That way I could easily modify the source and take advantages of every single indesign feature inside that doc, and eventually update it everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Looks interesting. I did that with word and excel documents and this seems to work pretty good.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MartenK112,

Here's a detailed help article how you can use InDesign templates for the workflow you suggested: Work with files and templates in InDesign

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you omnath. I'll check it next week when I am back at work.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines