Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watercolour brushes

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Last year my Mac was stolen (I hadn't backed anything up) and I lost a REALLY useful watercolour brush. Instead of just making separate shapes that look like they were made with watercolour paint (these seem to be available everywhere), it actually produced the effect of working with a brush and watercolour. I could layer colours and it had a nice, uneven fade at the edges. I'm desperate to find it (or something similar) again, but a year of googling has produced nothing. Can anyone direct me to a free download of the kind of brush I have described?

Many thanks,

Georgie x

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Georgie - is this the sort of brush effect you want?

davidcwatercolourbrusheg.jpg

David

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Georgie.  If you have any artwork done with the old brush we could maybe reverse engineer it.  I realize that the likely answer is that you lost that artwork along with the stolen computer, but I had to ask.

The obvious people who would have such a brush are Kyle Webster, and John Derry.  The problem with Kyle is finding the wood from the trees as he is beyond prolific, and John is known more for his thick oil effect Impasto brushes, but I really think you could home in on what you are looking for by searching with those names.

John has some excellent titles on Lynda.com.  I think you get a trial period, and ten days would let you watch most of his relevant content.

Painting with Real Watercolor brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Georgie - is this the sort of brush effect you want?

davidcwatercolourbrusheg.jpg

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good.  I just made it.  I can mail it to you as a brush tool preset so that the settings are in place.  I need to know where to send it.  If you go to the visitors' page on my website you can email me from there and then I can send it to you. 

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidc1815  wrote

That's good.  I just made it.  I can mail it to you as a brush tool preset so that the settings are in place.  I need to know where to send it.  If you go to the visitors' page on my website you can email me from there and then I can send it to you. 

David

David, I should have thought to include a link to your profile so you'd get a heads up, but you found the thread anyway.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Trevor.  It's always fun making new brushes.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Is there anyway of getting my hands on this brush preset as well. It is exactly what I am looking for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is amazing. Its always entertainting make new brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines