• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files on the server are missing or incorrect on IE 11

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our website is made by a third party and I can only add additional pages to the site.

We have been making the pages in Muse and linking them to the main site in an iframe. This has worked for the past 3 years.

The company who run the website have recently updated the site. Now we get the "Files on the server are missing or incorrect..." only in Internet Explorer 11 on a PC.

They claim that the new site has exactly the same settings as the old one, but I can still view the old files and they work.

The pages on the new site: http://www.langstane.co.uk/netalogue/muse/index.html

The pages on the old site: http://www.langstaneprint.co.uk/webfiles/index.html

I have updated Muse to (2017.0.3.20), remade all the files, deleted the old ones from the server before uploading the new ones...basically following the suggestions in these posts Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect  and Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing .

I have a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS but am not a coder.

Is this a problem with Muse or should I be asking this question to the host?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Hey Dave,

Did you try the widget suggested above by VexShad

It has worked for most of the user's facing this issue.

Refer this - some files on the server may be missing ...

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

From the overall description above I see that you have tried and exhausted all the troubleshooting mentioned in the threads attached above.

I understand your concern and in communicating with my colleagues in product team regarding this.

Will get back to you with best possible solution.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try if below solution works for you and let us know if it resolves your issue:

The main reason for Missing files error is due to a genuine reason wherein, due to difference in the files being uploaded and what is present on server, Muse is warning that there is a mismatch on what is getting previewed currently in browser.

Problem is – This error shows up on client side in the browser, which is not good.

To avoid showing up on your client browser side, we have included a preference where you now have an option to suppress the message through pref settings.

AppPrefs.xml can be located on your machines at:

Win : C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC Prerelease\2017.0

Mac : Library > Preferences > Adobe > Adobe Muse CC Prerelease > 2017.0

By default, this preference key would be set to false

<key>SuppressMissingFileError</key><false/>

If you really want to suppress it, then you need to change this key to true (as shown below)

<key>SuppressMissingFileError</key><true/>

We suggest you set this preference to true only for your production environment. You should keep it false during your development and testing phase of website, otherwise even genuine cases will get by-passed.

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

I have tried to change the AppPrefs.xml file and this does suppress the error message, but the page still appears incorrect. It is not seeing the CSS files, although the files are on the server in the correct place.

I can force Internet Explorer to view the page correctly by adding it to the Compatibility View Settings and checking the display in Compatibility View option. So it can see the CSS files.

As mentioned in the first post the page works OK when I have published in a different folder on the server.

Page does not work here...: http://www.langstane.co.uk/netalogue/muse/index.html

but works OK here: http://www.langstaneprint.co.uk/webfiles/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free Widgetsformuse "Tools | Hide-message" widget.

never see this annoying message again. Just place the widget somewhere on your page.

It does NOT solve the muse problem

Download here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do i have to insert widget onto every page that the error message shows up on?  I have a huge site and this error show up on every page.  Thanks for your time answering! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lokah,

You have to insert the widget on every page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I added it on yesterday and it's working great!  Thanks for the quick  Reply!  Have a good day! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad, I could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this widget!  It at least makes it possible for users to not get this message every single page!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kratika

Thanks again for looking into my problem last month. But I still have not been able to solve it. Have you got any other ideas how I can fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dave,

Did you try the widget suggested above by VexShad

It has worked for most of the user's facing this issue.

Refer this - some files on the server may be missing ...

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, and the above information is not working for me either! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use our iVi - Page Updater Muse Widget to solve the real problem with outdated Content and the Error Messages coming out of it.

You can find it here:

iVi Muse Widgets

Cheers

Marc from iVi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines