• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User Account or Administrator.... Is there a difference?

Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Soooo, I've been using Premiere Pro CC 2017 in a 'user' account on my Windows 10 Pro PC. Should I be using Premiere in Administrator mode? Is there a difference? Are there any advantages in Administrator like performance etc...?  If so, please explain in detail, and I thank you in advance for any replies.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your user account have Admin privileges?  (Most do, when there's only one.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my problem, is that I'm not sure. This is my home built computer, and so far I've been running in 'Rich Tamayo' account and just discovered the other 'Administrator' account. I'm confused...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is more of a Windows question, I think.

On a side note, I do recommend step 1B here.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rich: Here's another one: [SOLVED] Can you use Creative Cloud with standard users? - Spiceworks

I think you do want to have admin privileges when installing Adobe apps. To find out for sure, ask (or research this) in the Creative Cloud forum: Adobe Creative Cloud

I read in one post there that "CC needs admin rights to download, install & activate; once activated, then admin rights are not required."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines