Why would you want to have and automated process that requires human intervention to enter Names. You could easily add the name you want to the image files in some way like Filename or in the image's metadata info. The Automated process could then be fully automated and even batched. If all you need is a is a border around a single image a specific size and a name in the border it should be easy to automate.
Filenames, a simple frame template and a batch script could do it all.
The sample video does not show the File name stamp that could be done with my Script BatchOneImageCollage. In my
Photo Collage Toolkit
Photoshop scripting is powerful and I believe this package demonstrates this A video showing a 5 image collage PSD template being populated with images:
The package includes four simple rules to follow when making Photo Collage Template PSD files so they will be compatible with my Photoshop scripts.
- Size the photo collage templates for the print size you want - width, height and print DPI resolution.
- Photo collage templates must have a Photoshop background layer. The contents of this layer can be anything.
- Photo collage templates must have alpha channels named "Image 1", "Image 2", ... "Image n".
- Photo collage templates layers above the background layers must provide transparent areas to let the images that will be placed below them show through.
There are fifteen scripts in this package they provide the following functions:
- HelpPhotoCollageToolkit.jsx - Online Help
- TestCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to test a Photo Collage Template while you are making it with Photoshop.
- CollageTemplateBuilder.jsx - Can build Templates compatible with this toolkit's scripts.
- LayerToAlphaChan.jsx - Used to convert a Prototype Image Layer stack into a template document.
- InteractivePopulateCollage.jsx - Used to interactively populate Any Photo Collage template. Offers most user control inserting pictures and text.
- ReplaceCollageImage.jsx - use to replace a populated collage image Smart Object layer with an other image correctly resized and positioned.
- ChangeTextSize.jsx - This script can be used to change Image stamps text size when the size used by the populating did not work well.
- PopulateCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to Automatically populate a Photo Collage template and leave the populated copy open in Photoshop.
- BatchOneImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Collage templates that only have one image inserted. The Collage or Image may be stamped with text.
- BatchMultiImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with images in a source image folder. Easier to use than the interactive script. Saved collages can be tweaked.
- PasteImageRoll.jsx - Paste Images into a document to be print on roll paper.
- BatchPicturePackage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with an image in a source image folder. Images Rotates for best fit.
- BatchPicturePackageNoRotate.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with an image in a source image folder.
- PopulatePicturePackage.jsx - Used to Automatically populate a Photo Collage template Fill with the same single image and leave the populated copy open in Photoshop.
- PCTpreferences.jsx - Edit This File to Customize Collage Populating scripts default setting and add your own Layer styles.
If you send this young lady to me I would be willing to work with her input on Scripts improvements I could make. No darkroom will be involved and I do not use lightroom. I just want to grow up to be a dirty old man and I'm not there yet.... feed her first please.
All you may need to do is name the Portrait files if your satisfied their composition and the images are portraits with aspect ratios near 2:3. and create the 8x10 300 DIP Photo collage template PSD that just need a White Background Layer and an Alpha Channel the maps the 4x6 Image location name "Image 1". That should require a few minuets to create with Photoshop most likely less then 5.
This is HIGHLY inappropriate.
What make that so. So fare in my life I have not let myself be HIGHLY inappropriate with a young lady have I now succeeded I think not.
I'm a joke my scripts are not. You printable file can be batch generated without needing human invention. If you RAW files composition is acceptable and you cameras raw conversion defaults are acceptable all you would need do is rename your raw files and run the script. I'll through in the template.
Ask her if I have been HIGHLY inappropriate we have never meet and most likely never will.
Am I able to have the text exactly like I have it in my example image? (same font, positioning, etc. I can send you the action) And is it possible to have the script not output PSD files?
Do you find this inappropriate because some image are small web size image. Some can not be use on the web for they are Raw or tif only the jpeg and png files will do. or that only some are 2:3 aspect ratio portraits. The script make them all 4x6 matted to 300 Dpi 8x10 stamped with filename save as PSD so you can tweak them easily. The script has additional options to save PDF and JPG image files, add a layer style to the text layer, add a layer style to the image layer. How inappropriate is that.