• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing an object for Overlay

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am watching a youtube video on some 3d text and how to overlay an image over your text. here is the link.

How to Make 3D Text Effect in Photoshop CC 2017 | How to Create 3D Text Effects in Photoshop CC 2017...

Issue I am having when he goes to Place the image, it doesn't give me the option to place, just Place Embedded or Linked. When i select one of those, then select the image i want to use, then select overlay, it just overlay over my text and you cant see it at all. Nothing like what his does. Does anyone know how to accomplish this task?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Overlay is one of the Blend Modes under which 50% grey results in unchanged pixels – so depending on the image the effect can vary considerably.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't give me the option to place, just Place Embedded or Linked.

Then the tutorial was probably not created with the current version of Photoshop.

The Toolbar is missing the »Edit Toolbar«-button for example …

then select overlay, it just overlay over my text and you cant see it at all.

Please post a meaningful screenshot, meaning one that shows all pertinent Panels, Bars, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Overlay is one of the Blend Modes under which 50% grey results in unchanged pixels – so depending on the image the effect can vary considerably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines