Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto identify and delete blank pages

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a large pdf with approx. 8000 pages that has been created via an InDesign data merge, it is a customer mailing that auto inserts different documents based on a tab delimited csv.  As not all customers will need the same inserts the result of the data merge is a large number of blank pages in the resulting pdf, and rather than manually deleting each blank page is there a way of identifying all the blank pages in Acrobat DC and deleting them?  Perhaps even a way of auto grouping all blank pages together so I can then just delete a range?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a script for this, but it can only identify pages without any words in them, or meta-objects like form fields, annotations, links, etc. It can't know if there are other elements like images or graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, that's an interesting idea, all the pages that need deleting are totally blank, no images or text so that sounds like an option.  However, I don't have experience in writing scripts, where can I find an example so I can take a look and have a try?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines