• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Lightroom update changed print window

Participant ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! With the most recent update of Lightroom, the print window doesn't actually have a "Print" button! I'm trying to make a pdf of a contact sheet. I even tried "Save as pdf…" in Print Settings, but it didn't save.

Also, Import doesn't show my main user to select photos to import! So I had to go through "Select Source" etc. etc.

Adobe…if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

The "Print" button disappears whenever you have "Print Job" set to export a JPG, rather than "To Printer". Could that be it?

(This option simply reflects the last remembered print settings; it is functionally no different than before AFAICT.)

Import should also reflect the last used Import settings, unless/until you change something or recall an import preset. It is possible to hide panels in the interface, though.

I am not completely clear what you mean by "my main user" - but the presentation of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "Print" button disappears whenever you have "Print Job" set to export a JPG, rather than "To Printer". Could that be it?

(This option simply reflects the last remembered print settings; it is functionally no different than before AFAICT.)

Import should also reflect the last used Import settings, unless/until you change something or recall an import preset. It is possible to hide panels in the interface, though.

I am not completely clear what you mean by "my main user" - but the presentation of drives and virtual library locations etc is OS dependent; for example on Windows, "My Documents" exists nowhere on disk under that exact name; this is a more of a sort of a non-geographical figment. LR is really interested in actual, solid, explicit folder paths.

If you have a source location which you frequently want to import images from, it is convenient to record everything - selection of Move / Copy / Add, Source (and Destination options if applicable), and Renaming (if applicable) - into a named import preset. Then to recall that preset and customise settings from there if / as needed, each time.

Doing this takes away the need to interact with most of the Import settings, and helps with consistent repeatability too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines