Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 damaged files after OS crash

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can't open 2 different files (indesign / photoshop / latest versions, up to date), after I experienced a OS crash on my MacBook Pro (latest El Capitan) while saving. I had to hard-reset the MacBook.

Both files seems damaged. I had a call with the Adobe Support 5 minutes ago and nobody could help me. Now I am here to ask for help. This project is very very important & urgent for me. 😞

Where do I go from here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Hi,

There are multiple factors both internal and external to InDesign application that can lead to document corruption. However, I can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and I will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

Regards,

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DErVM,

We are sorry about the files and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I assume if you have already called Adobe support team they might have done all the required troubleshooting.

This seems to be a file specific issue but we can still try files with different versions.

Would you mind sharing your files ?

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be no problem for me to share the files with a member of the Adobe staff.

How should we proceed further?

Best regards
Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

There are multiple factors both internal and external to InDesign application that can lead to document corruption. However, I can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and I will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

Regards,

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines