Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Doc Images Distorted in Exported PDF

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a couple of brochures that I created in InDesign CC and exported to PDF approximately 6 months ago.  All seemed normal with the PDFs at that time, however, when I recently opened the PDFs, the images were distorted in the Main PDF view, but not in the thumbnail view (please see screen shot).  I have this issue with only some PDFs exported from InDesign around that time and not others.  I delivered these PDFs to a client, so I especially hope to understand this issue and attempt to avoid it in the future.  Any solutions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 2.42.10 PM-01.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if you posted the PDF such that we can determine what is actually going on.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dov.  Sorry, how do I post the PDF?  Here is a link to another PDF that is having a similar issue.... When I view this PDF in the browser, the image is washed out.  When I save this PDF to my desktop, the thumbnail image on the unopened file is colored correctly, but the full sized image upon opening the file is not.  FYI only, my machine is a Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you're viewing them in Apple Preview. If so, stop doing that and use only Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.

This also means, stop using browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob, thank you.  You are correct.  I was viewing the PDFs in Apple Preview and not Acrobat and did not realize it.  I have been having issues with Acrobat DC not opening properly, even after uninstalling and reinstalling. Usually Acrobat Reader still would work for me, but  now it is also unresponsive.  I'll trouble shoot that separately and hopefully that will fix this issue.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines