Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CPU for AE and C4D

Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm about to buy a new machine for the office. It's going to be pretty much like this one I have at home which uses CPU i7 6800k  3.4GHz and works good.

I would like to have an opinion on the CPU: is it better to go for a i7 7700k 4.2GHz? It would be faster with AE but slowlier with C4D, wouldn't it?

Consider I use 80% AE, 10% Premiere and 10% C4D. What are your reccomendations?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Irrelevant. The difference between those two CPUs is around 7 to 10% at most - on paper. Due to how different settings can have a huge influence on 3D rendering, in practice it won't matter whether a frame renders 10 seconds or 11. That's really what it comes down to: Do you want to spend an extra 200 bucks just for so small a speed gain, even more so when you only do 10% 3D? Similar observations could be made for AE - it really won't make much of a difference. It's fractions of a second per frame.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.4 to 4.2 seems a pretty big jump to me. That's a more than 10% difference between the two unless you are factoring something else into the equation that I'm overlooking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually when I overclocked the 6800k from 3.4 to 4.2 I really did notice a good improvement. I wonder what would it be to have the 7700k overclocked.

I can't find any useful information in Internet though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Zulkifar,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines