• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acquiring pictures in sequence on different pages from a folder?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you guys can help me.

I'm trying to figure out whether this is possible, to improve my workflow.

Is it possible to find something - a plugin, a script, something - that does the following?

I assign an image box to an image - let's say a comic strip - on a page during my design phase. Let's say there are two of these on each page. I've placed the images in each of their own folders somewhere on my computer or local network. They're numbered to follow a specific sequence.

Is it possible to get inDesign to start on page one of a document, find the first picture for the image box in the allocated folder on my computer, stick it on the first page in the box assigned to images from that folder - and continue on the subsequent pages, adding the subsequent images (if they are numbered something1, something2, something3, etc)  on the rest of the pages?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page 1 has two graphic frames.

Page 2 has two graphic frames.

And so on...

Folder "p1" has two images.

Folder "p2" has two images.

And so on...

Do you want a script to place both images of the folder "p1" to the frames on page 1, both images of the folder "p2" to the frames on page 2...?

That's it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Thanks for answering my question,

Well... let's say I have a document of 24 pages, and there are 8 picture frames on each page. Each picture frame contains an image from one series - let's say Batman in one, Superman in another, etc. And there are 3000 pictures in each series. Each series is archived in a particular folder on a server or on my computer.

Could I assign the image frame for Batman on the 24 page document to be filled with Batman images starting with the lowest number in the folder and then on subsequent pages the same frame would be filled with the next number in the row, moving towards the highest number?

And could I continue the process from where the first document left off, in a second document independently from the first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines