4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2017 6:04 AM by wrinklypeter2

Question: QRCodes in Multiscreen HTML5 output

wrinklypeter2 Level 1

A bit 'off the wall' this! .... but can anyone suggest a suitable way where I can scan a QRCode from within a project (Multiscreen HTML5 output) using a mobile phone and use the returned information from the QR code to directly open a topic in the project? I want to use a QR code as a type of password to a new section of the project.

• 1. Re: Question: QRCodes in Multiscreen HTML5 output
          Jeff_Coatsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Never used QR codes before, but my understanding is that you define them with a URL to the website you want to launch – assuming your content is hosted someplace relatively static (& known) then you should be able to define the direct URL to that desired topic, build the QR code and stick it in your project.

• 2. Re: Question: QRCodes in Multiscreen HTML5 output
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

Can you clarify a bit? Where will these QR codes be presented? In a book? On another web page?

My thought here is that in order to "scan" a QR code, the phone must take a picture of it while using a QR code scanning app, no? And if that's the case, I'm not sure exactly how a phone would be able to "scan" something on its own display screen. Or are you suggesting a possible way to have one person display a QR code on their phone and have person 2 scan it to visit the "hidden" or "secret" information?

Sounds kind of "Spy VS Spy" to me.

Cheers... Rick

• 3. Re: Question: QRCodes in Multiscreen HTML5 output
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I was just re-reading this post and for some reason I spaced off the fact you are using Multiscreen.

ick Ick ICK!

Why? Responsive is so much cleaner.

Cheers... Rick

• 4. Re: Question: QRCodes in Multiscreen HTML5 output
                wrinklypeter2 Level 1

Thanks for your input. Firstly, Responsive or Multi-Screen - either could be used.

To clarify what I'm trying to achieve is to allow the user to use their phone/tablet (on which the finished Robo project will reside) and from within the Robo project, I would like the user to be able to scan one (or more) QR codes at different times - each QR code taking the user to a separate topic within the project.

The created QR Codes providing the links would be sited at different locations - completely away and independent from the Robo project.

Similar to ( although not the same as) scanning a QR code using a QR Code scanner app and being directed to a url - but in my desired instance, the user is redirected to another topic within the project. - without leaving the project in the first instance.

In theory, the user could leave the project, scan the code and re-enter the project at the required topic, but I'm looking to find a way for the User to scan the QR Code and be redirected to the new topic without the user exiting the robo project. Ideally, a way to be able to add a QR scanner facility, in a similar way as adding a multimedia facility, to the project would be perfect .

In essence, the QR Codes would act in a similar way to a password - only allowing access to those topics once the code has been scanned.

Any ideas would be appreciated!