1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 23, 2017 8:39 AM by Per Berntsen

Retina Export, but how?

stephanf36631233

Hi! I'm a professional photographer and I need a quick n easy pro path to convert my photos for retina displays.
      But first of all: is the prefix @2 , @3 etc. still necessary, or is ist enough to export your image large enought ( size & dpi)?

I think a app like LR should offer that! And yes, I know about that PS option. But it's not really usuable. there's no patch option
      for files (or is it?) except I export an psd with layers. If I open file by file I have to search for the desitanted folder each time ... so, no thx.
      I would appreciate any help! 

• 1. Re: Retina Export, but how?
          Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

Are you looking for a way to have your photos display properly (sharp) in web browsers on retina displays?

If so, the website has to be coded so that the higher resolution images are used instead of the regular images - For my own website I use Retina Images which uses PHP scripting. And the higher resolution photos need to have the @2x suffix, like image@2x.jpg

I have several export presets for exporting images for the website, the high res files are automatically renamed with the @2x suffix.

And yes, I know about that PS option. But it's not really usuable. there's no patch option

for files (or is it?) except I export an psd with layers. If I open file by file I have to search for the desitanted folder each time

Not sure what you are referring to here. Can you clarify?