• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retina Export, but how?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm a professional photographer and I need a quick n easy pro path to convert my photos for retina displays.
But first of all: is the prefix @2 , @3 etc. still necessary, or is ist enough to export your image large enought ( size & dpi)?

I think a app like LR should offer that! And yes, I know about that PS option. But it's not really usuable. there's no patch option
for files (or is it?) except I export an psd with layers. If I open file by file I have to search for the desitanted folder each time ... so, no thx.
I would appreciate any help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Are you looking for a way to have your photos display properly (sharp) in web browsers on retina displays?

If so, the website has to be coded so that the higher resolution images are used instead of the regular images - For my own website I use Retina Images which uses PHP scripting. And the higher resolution photos need to have the @2x suffix, like image@2x.jpg

I have several export presets for exporting images for the website, the high res files are automatically renamed with the @2x suffix.

And

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you looking for a way to have your photos display properly (sharp) in web browsers on retina displays?

If so, the website has to be coded so that the higher resolution images are used instead of the regular images - For my own website I use Retina Images which uses PHP scripting. And the higher resolution photos need to have the @2x suffix, like image@2x.jpg

I have several export presets for exporting images for the website, the high res files are automatically renamed with the @2x suffix.

And yes, I know about that PS option. But it's not really usuable. there's no patch option

for files (or is it?) except I export an psd with layers. If I open file by file I have to search for the desitanted folder each time

Not sure what you are referring to here. Can you clarify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines