• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automating lower-third creation?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community and thanks for your time in helping me with this challenge!

I am new to Premiere, having done the vast majority of my editing on FCP/ FCPX (don't lambast me, it's actually very good). But afaik it can't do this:

I am working with a VFX school to develop an online curriculum, and I am looking for ways to speed up or automate the tedious process of adding lower thirds every time the instructor calls out a keyboard shortcut. We have a template and have been drag-dropping them into the sequence via the Essential Graphics function, and then populating the text fields.

My thought was that there might be a way to use markers placed at appropriate points in the timeline which would contain the text information in separate fields, and then we could use that timecode and text information to place the templates at appropriate points in a timeline, populating each with the correct information. Perhaps I'm dreaming....

If this is not possible, what time-saving strategies do you employ to tackle this kind of challenge?

Thanks!

Jonathan

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

It's possible to walk a sequence looking for markers, then inserting media at the corresponding times.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I'm dreaming....

You are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a legitimate question, because this is exactly how essential graphics MOGRT should work : an easy way of update/re purpose.

i guess that adobe developer of MOGRT concept has not dreamed enough...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's possible to walk a sequence looking for markers, then inserting media at the corresponding times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what time-saving strategies do you employ to tackle this kind of challenge?

Time saving?  None.

Headache saving?  Assistant Editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan

Suggest you re-ask your question in the Premiere Pro SDK subforum... this may well be possible with a bit of scripting,  just not sure Adobe have added scripting support for the new Title format yet.

For what it's worth tho',  with the help of the folks on the SDK forum,  I built and now use a custom extension to generate (Legacy Title based) subtitles for my programmes from a plain text file... saves me hours of work.

Cheers

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow crazy, somebody just posted this EXACT question on the Premiere SDK subforum -Automate Title Creation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, and me too, but with more in-depth explanations : Premiere data driven clip MOGRT

you basically want to be able to import a JSON file into premiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines