• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes in Photoshop vanish

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had this problem before. I try to sharpen the contrast of grey writing on white paper. I even can see the darker writing in the preview, but after pressing "ok" the changes vanish.

Does anyone know, what could have happened?

Thanx for your help,

Viola

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

You're getting a false preview because you're not viewing at 100%. You must view at 100% for an accurate preview.

The change you're seeing is not real, it's an on-screen artifact caused by resampling and blurring of the screen image. The adjustment preview is calculated on the basis of this, for performance reasons.

Tonal adjustments have no effect on "binary" images where you have either/or values. Line art and hand writing fall into this category. A mid-tonal adjustment does nothing to a very li

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're getting a false preview because you're not viewing at 100%. You must view at 100% for an accurate preview.

The change you're seeing is not real, it's an on-screen artifact caused by resampling and blurring of the screen image. The adjustment preview is calculated on the basis of this, for performance reasons.

Tonal adjustments have no effect on "binary" images where you have either/or values. Line art and hand writing fall into this category. A mid-tonal adjustment does nothing to a very light or very dark value. It just appears to do so, because the scaling/softening introduces mid-gray values that aren't there in the original.

To find the best and most efficient way to do what you want, provide a screenshot/example. If screenshot, it must be at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanx for your advice! May I quote your mail, since you didn't post it here? Perhaps it might also be of help to others.

To increase contrast in this case, use Levels and pull the end-points inwards. Don't use the middle slider, it won't do anything, and don't use Curves (unless you move the endpoints).

I guess what you suggest will do the job - at least it sounds good. However, since I am using the German version, I'm not quite sure, what kind of tool you mean by "Levels" ("Ebenen"?), and what you mean by "pulling the end-points inward". A screenshot might help me to identify the tool.

Thanx again,

Viola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines