1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 24, 2017 11:13 AM by kerrishotts

Why android 7 local storage is smaller than the android version before?

aahedi

I tried to test the size of local storage on android 7, why the limit is very small only 2.49 M, much different with android 6 has a larger that is 4.98 M? Please, I need answer for this backwardness?

I always save offline data in local storage because it is easy and simple (key+value). After seeing the this table, I am worried not being able to store more data again. Is the phonegap browser engine affected by this change?

Reference: http://dev-test.nemikor.com/web-storage/support-test/

QvKDV.jpg

• 1. Re: Why android 7 local storage is smaller than the android version before?
          kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

I can't speak to the "why" (beyond that Google thinks it a good idea, apparently), but herein lies the risk of using local/sessionStorage. If you need to store more than a few KBs of data or need more than a few key/value pairs, I would suggest using a plugin of some sort, which will let you store as much data as is on the storage device. Which plugins you'd use would depend on what kind of data you need to store, but there's always the File Plugin (plain text/JSON/etc.), SQLite plugins (relational storage), and some key/value plugins out there as well.