• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search and Replace in DW-CC

Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that, as I selected a first instance of several identical pieces of text in my source code, similar entries are also underlined as I extend my selection, as if to hint at global edits. However, I do not see how those extended edits can be made. There is a hint to press (on my Mac) Cmd-Shift-F in order to do a global search-and-replace in the selected file. However, after I enter that command, nothing useful happens.

Likewise I tried manually to search-and-replace data at the bottom of the source edit screen, and again, nothing happens.

Any ideas appreciated.

jwc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

When the identical text is underlined in Code View, hit Ctrl + Shift + F3 to select them all using the multi-cursor functionality in DW. That will allow you to change all of them at the same time as you start typing.

Here's more info on the multi-cursor functions in DW: How to write and edit code in Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the identical text is underlined in Code View, hit Ctrl + Shift + F3 to select them all using the multi-cursor functionality in DW. That will allow you to change all of them at the same time as you start typing.

Here's more info on the multi-cursor functions in DW: How to write and edit code in Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks.

jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines