4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2017 12:48 AM by samp28054198

Lightroom won't open

daniellag23

My lightroom crashed on me one day and now I can't get it to open at all. Every time I attempt to open it I just get the little wheel spinning around. Do I have to uninstall it and reinstall it?

• 1. Re: Lightroom won't open
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

What is your Operating system and version?

What Version number is Lightroom?

Do you see anything at all?, a window?, the Splash Screen?, an Error message? Details?

How did Lightroom crash? Did the program just stop? Did the computer close down?

When did you last save a Catalog backup?

• 2. Re: Lightroom won't open
            daniellag23 Level 1

I have Adobe 6.0 and I have a mac OS X El Capitan. Originally what happened was I was trying to import some files it said a message that it was full and then just crashed and closed. Then when I tried to reopen the program I get the Lightroom start up box and I just get the wheel that keeps spinning and the program never responds and I have to force quit.

• 3. Re: Lightroom won't open
              wobertc Adobe Community Professional

a message that it was full

Just guessing, but the message might indicate that your hard-drive is full without sufficient space for your new files and the expanding catalog file. This may have corrupted your working catalog.

Check your drive storage. Make room if possible, (Caution: Do not move or delete image files or folders until you can open a catalog.)

If your current catalog will not open then you may have to resort to your most recent backup catalog.

See this article for details-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/disaster-strikes-corrupted-catalog/

When you have a catalog that opens, try importing to another hard-drive with more vacant space.

• 4. Re: Lightroom won't open
                samp28054198 Level 1

Got it, Thanks, I had to update Lightroom's version.

To: Sam Pittman <ogsamiam@yahoo.com>

Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 9:37 PM

Subject:  Lightroom won't open

Lightroom won't open

created by wobertc in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionWhat is your Operating system and version?What Version number is Lightroom?Do you see anything at all?, a window?, the Splash Screen?, an Error message? Details?How did Lightroom crash? Did the program just stop? Did the computer close down?When did you last save a Catalog backup? If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9668972#9668972 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9668972#9668972 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.  This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences