• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 1917 Auto Recovery not doing anything

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a file that is about 630MB in size for a few weeks.

It is an important work, so I have been saving every few step as i work. But when my computer crashed, the file became corrupted and I can't open it any more.

I have been using photoshop since version 2. It didn't behave like this before. Usually last saved file was not damaged by computer crash.

I was hoping that I can open at least the recovered file. But Photoshop didn't ask anything about recovery after the crash. I checked the "AutoRecover" folder (C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\AutoRecover) But it is empty.

I lost a week of work from this.

I have the "AutoRecover" folder open now. And I have been working for about hour. But nothing is in that folder. My preferences is set to "Automatically Save Recovery Information Every 5 minutes".

Q1, Why Photoshop is not saving anything in the AutoRecovery folder?

Q2, Why Photoshop damage the saved file when computer crashs?

Is there anything I can do?

Using PC with Windows 10, i7-6700k, GeForce GTX960, 16GB of Ram, Let Photoshop to use 9.5 GB of Ram

Thanks.

TT

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

1917 did they have computers back than?  Photoshop did not Photoshop release 1 was 1990...

The folder should normally be empty till you have an open document you had changes and the auto recover time has passed. If you save the changes no recovery file will be created and if the was one it will be deleted. Only dirty documents should have recovery psb files. So if you have been saving there will be no recovery file.

There is a time period between auto save if Photoshop crashes  the last few steps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1917 did they have computers back than?  Photoshop did not Photoshop release 1 was 1990...

The folder should normally be empty till you have an open document you had changes and the auto recover time has passed. If you save the changes no recovery file will be created and if the was one it will be deleted. Only dirty documents should have recovery psb files. So if you have been saving there will be no recovery file.

There is a time period between auto save if Photoshop crashes  the last few steps to performed may not be in the recovery PSB...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines