3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2017 6:40 AM by Sheena Kaul Branched to a new discussion.

Unexpected Charges

Jack_Dawkins

I was a member of DollarPhoto which Adobe acquired. Then I was a legacy under StockPhoto at the same rate. But Adobe didn't notify me when I was upped to three times the monthly rate.

I am now teaching English and my graphic work is light. What at $10 was an asset I felt I could afford at $31 it is too much for something that doesn't cover its cost.

So how do I recoup what I was asked to renew at the higher rate?

• 1. Re: Unexpected Charges
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Jack,

I understand your concern but the promotional pricing on Adobe Stock at the time of DollarPhoto Club closure was valid for only a year.

Please see Stock FAQ: Where can I find details about Dollar Photo Club (Fotolia) closure?

You may also Contact Customer Care for more details.

Regards,

Sheena

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Unexpected Charges
            Jack_Dawkins Level 1

No, I can't. I spent over an hour yesterday trying to set up a chat session with customer care. I selected "Account issues" + "Membership, account, payment" + "Payments, invoices, orders". I searched under "Find more self-help solutions" but didn't find anything that matched what I wanted to know, then I chose the "Show me my contact options" button. I used the

"Chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week" because it was Saturday and the "Phone Monday–Friday, 5am–7pm PT" wasn't an option.

I typed in a brief summary of my problem and for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th attempts checked the "I have contacted Adobe about this issue before" Box, added "My Case Number" and then clicked "Start Chat". A box would appear and I would wait for the "24 hours a day, 7 days a week" agent to respond. No one ever did. That represents due diligence on my part. Four times. That represents a failure on the part of Adobe to provide a form of support that they offer. So I tried the Forums.

I am not ranting or shouting. You do not think that I should have been notified, after a year had passed, that Adobe was tripling the fee. I do. The link you sent me says that the subscription will renew at the higher rate. But it doesn't say "automatically" and I think that that would be a good business practice designed to show consideration for their customers.

I tried to contact Adobe through what seemed to be the method that they had set up and because it failed I tried the Forums. That's two avenues I have explored provided by Adobe. I will try the third option on Monday.

• 3. Re: Unexpected Charges
              Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Jack,

I really apologize for the troubles you had to face while connecting to support.

Please see the private message I sent.

Regards,

Sheena