Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File crashed now 0kb

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was working on a file which I was regularly saving. I was exporting the artboards when Illustrator suddenly hung. I closed all other programs just to be on the safe side. 30 min later it was still not responding. I started the task manager to to end all process tree. That didn't happen either. Was left with no option but to restart my computer. After the system restarted, I started Illustrator again and tried to open the file again. To my horror it didn't open and threw this message at me:

Capture.JPG

I browsed to the file location on my system and found the file to now show it's file size as 0kb.

I have to send this file for print immediately and need help urgently. Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Below are solutions I have already tried:

a) Importing the file in to a new file. Doesn't work. Gives me an error.

b) Opening in PSD and Acrobat. Doesn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's 0kb it has gone. There's nothing to recover. Go back to latest backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. Yes I guess I don't have any other option. Have started doing that. Though I wonder what causes this kind of error and how I could avoid it in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sort of thing happens sometimes with any app and is more likely the longer the file.  So always plan for it and have backups. Many people save to a new name often if their backups are only daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines