Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smudge Tool creating jagged/ weird line next to it

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using PS CS5.5 (extended), as I am not able to afford the update to the newest CC so I stuck with this instead. Anyways, to start it off... I am having this issue with my Smudge Tool while I was working on a drawing I was doing.

smudge.jpg smudge2.jpg

IMAGE 1                                                          IMAGE 2

============================================================================

Canvas/ Workspace Size: 880px x 800px

Software used: Photoshop CS5.5 extended

Tool: Smudge Tool

Pressure Sensitivity: Enabled

Problems:

• Smudge Tool creates a very uneven pixel, it's jagged and not smooth.
  • Smudge Tool creates an unexplainable line next to the main brush.

Image 1:

• As I was using the smudge tool, I noticed there was a distinguishable line that ran beside next to the smudging area. It was extremely annoying because that line will also drag the area it is drawing on creating a double line effect. I didn't tamper with the smudge brush settings at all.

Image 2:

• I lowered the opacity of the smudge to 55% and the double line is still noticeable.
  • The jaggedness seems to be gone but I kind of want to use 100% opacity...

Question:

1. How can I get rid of that double smudge line effect?
  2. How do I make the smudge brush look smoother if the opacity is at 100% or do I have to bump it down to 55% for smoother smudge?
  3. How come my pen sensitivity is enabled on Photoshop and yet it feels as if my pen isn't emitting pressure?

Thank you and I hope to hear some answers soon!

- Sandy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?? I really need to get rid of this it’s starting to effect my work because I use it a lot before. Now, it’s getting annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post a screenshot including all pertinent interface elements (Options Bar, Brush Panel, Brush Presets Panel,Layers Panel, …).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines