• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow import since update 2015.10.1

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with painfully slow import, especially since download of LR 2015.10.1.  Still downloading ~1000 images that I started yesterday at around 3PM - it's now 0630 in the morning and there are 970 images downloaded.

Running an:

iMAC 27″ (late 2013)

Processor: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB

Downloading to a 8TB external drive with over 5TB remaining storage. (G-Raid 8TB Thunderbolt)

Storage status: 3.11TB internal hard drive with 17.82GB remaining.

I have better luck with my Macbook Pro 13″, which isn’t near so robust. (2.8 GHz Intel Core i7; 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3; Graphic card Intel Iris 1536 MB. Downloading to a 1TB portable external drive.)  Storage: 499 GB hard drive with 88.66 GB remaining.  I have not updated LR on this Macbook, still using LR 2015.10  Running OS Yosemite.

What gives???? I’m getting beyond frustrated.

As a side note the update 2015.10.1 seems to have broken the adjustment tools as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very slow imports are almost always a hardware problem -- card reader or USB cable malfunction of some sort. Try some different transfer hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I used the same card reader on both the iMac and the MacBook Pro. Same card readers I have always used.  I have noted that the downloads have been progressively slower on the iMac, but since the most recent update it is abyssmal, with everything being the same accept the version of LR between the two machines.  I have optimized the target disc (8TB Raid thunderbolt external drive); the hard drive on the iMac and optimized by catalog on the iMac.  I have the catalog on the iMac hard drive, but the image files are on the external drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you attaching the card reader to the computer? Must be a different USB port on the iMac and MacBook Pro. Could be the USB port is going bad, which would also explain "I have noted that the downloads have been progressively slower on the iMac".

There are no other reports that I have seen of Lightroom 6.10.1/Lightroom CC 2015.10.1 causing slow imports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The card reader I use on the iMac I keep plugged in all the time directly into the machine, not a hub.  I will try switching it to another port, as well as trying different combos of the two card readers/cables I use.  I did pull the card reader off the iMac to download the images to the MacBook - it was fast on the MacBook, not fast on the iMac.  It took about 20 minutes to down load over 1000 images onto the less powerful MacBook. On the other hand the same set of images were still downloading this morning at 0700 after plugging in the card yesterday at 3pm.  I disabled the energy saver on the iMac so that it doesn't go to sleep during the process of importing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines