Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove option to Print from my Windows context menu

Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To read .pdf files, I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2017 release installed on my computer with Windows 10 Pro. When I right-click on a .pdf file in Windows, it gives a context menu including the option to "Open with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC", although this is already the default program, and the option to "Print". I assume these are both added by Adobe because if the default program is changed (Open with / Choose another app / Always use this app to open .pdf files) they both disappear. Today when I right-clicked on a large .pdf file I accidentally hit Print, and it started printing without asking for permission, without letting me select a printer, without giving me the option to cancel the job apart from physically walking over to the printer to hit the big red button. I suppose it might be possible to stop remotely, but by the time I could have figured out how to do that, another 14 pages would have printed, and I already had 14 pages more than I needed. Is there a way to remove the context menu items in Windows while keeping Acrobat as the default reader, or do you recommend not having Acrobat as the default, possibly even uninstalling it, as the wisest course of action? I tried to find a solution in Google, tried to search here, and looked through the Preferences but couldn't find anything related.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?