• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop - perform spatial integration on an image

Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to perform spatial integration on an image in Photoshop using the built-in filters?

b(0,j) = a(0,j);

for ( i=1; i<width; i++)

{

b(i,j) = a(i,j) + b(i-1,j);

}

or

b(j,0) = a(j,0);

for ( i=1; i<width; i++)

{

b(j,i) = a(j,i) + b(j,i-1);

}

where:

b is row or column of image  b(i,j) or b(j,i)

i  is index within the row or column

j is orthogonal to i so it is index of column or row.

Is there a layer tool that might do this?  Plugin?  I can do with jsx but is pain!!!!!

Thanks,

RONC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

I figured how to do using Photoshop javascript and will try to remember to document when I have debugged and looked at speed.  Document will appear in scripting forum if I deem useable time wise.

Thanks for help.

RONC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but perhaps the average blure will do? After all, it's the median value of all pixels and you can always scale it by the number of pixels, as far as you know them.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium,

Average blur is what I started with but found that has to be called once to get each i index i value.  Also have to select for each i index value.  This a tremendous waste of computation time and people in front of screen time.

I really appreciate you response.

Thanks,

RONC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Thanks for response.

Custom filter is even worse trying to emulate what I want and it is only 5 pixels in width.

Someone should rename this filter to User defined Convolution Filter(limited).   Custom filter says nothing!!!!!!  HiPass also is INCORRECT title.

RONC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Ronc
I had not looked closely enough at your code . Now that I see exactly what you are doing I don't know of a filter that would replicate that.

Incidentally, I agree on the "Custom Filter" label - although I doubt it will change - it has been there for years.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I'll bet what I'm asking for is used in the the BOX blur filter.  Anyway the internals are addressable from JSX?

I think Custom Filter was in Filter Factory about an Adobe century ago.

Regards,

RONC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Filter Factory filter would do it, maybe Filter Foundary will work.

It's a more modern version Filter Factory, although not an exact replacement, most of the code that worked in filter factory works in it.

The major downside is it only works in the 32 bit version of photoshop on windows unless you have a relativity old version of mac os x or mac os.

Telegraphics - Free plugins for Photoshop & Illustrator...and other software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reference to Filter Factory was off topic referring to the Custom Filter.  I think there is a x64 version out there but I've overused my memory for a bit.

Thanks for trying.

RONC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured how to do using Photoshop javascript and will try to remember to document when I have debugged and looked at speed.  Document will appear in scripting forum if I deem useable time wise.

Thanks for help.

RONC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines