2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2006 9:48 AM by markoconnell

simple .swf with .flv that triggers a movie clip

steffeiter
      up to a challenge?

ok, so do you have any idea how to sync an .flv cue point to trigger a movie clip to play?

i have been searching for almost 2 hours on adobe and every forum i can find and can't figure it out. they all talk about flash presentations etc, not just a simple .swf.

so all i want to do is have a text movie clip load and play when certain cue points in the .flv file have been reached. like this:

.swf loads >
      .flv starts to play >
      cue point 1 is reached >
      cue point 1 triggers a movie clip of some text (text movie 1) to load onto the stage and play >
      text movie 1 plays through its timeline and stops on a stop frame >
      cue point 2 is reached >
      cue point 2 triggers text movie 1 to unload and for text movie 2 to load and play until it hits it's own stop frame. >
      repeat for as many cue points as needed >
      .flv ends
      .swf it set back to beginning (this part i have already done).

i would even accept just making the cue points start and stop the main timeline and i'll use text tweens. help! all the tutorials have been to advanced or about flash presentations using screens.

i used event cue points when authoring my .flv file, but maybe that is incorrect as well?

any ideas?

-e-
        • 1. simple .swf with .flv that triggers a movie clip
          Deepak Joshi
          if you are using mediaComponent; use
          var a = (Media.getCuePoint("myCuepoint") == true) ? trace("Add your code") : "";

If you are using following code to play video.

var connection_nc:NetConnection = new NetConnection();
          connection_nc.connect(null);
          var stream_ns:NetStream = new NetStream(connection_nc);
          my_video.attachVideo(stream_ns);
          stream_ns.play("video1.flv");

put check in following code.
          stream_ns.onStatus = function(infoObject) {
          trace(" NetStream.onStatus called ");
          };
          • 2. Re: simple .swf with .flv that triggers a movie clip
            markoconnell
            this is EXACTLY what I'm trying to do. What solution did you find???

"up to a challenge?

ok, so do you have any idea how to sync an .flv cue point to trigger a movie clip to play?

i have been searching for almost 2 hours on adobe and every forum i can find and can't figure it out. they all talk about flash presentations etc, not just a simple .swf.

so all i want to do is have a text movie clip load and play when certain cue points in the .flv file have been reached. like this:

.swf loads >
            .flv starts to play >
            cue point 1 is reached >
            cue point 1 triggers a movie clip of some text (text movie 1) to load onto the stage and play >
            text movie 1 plays through its timeline and stops on a stop frame >
            cue point 2 is reached >
            cue point 2 triggers text movie 1 to unload and for text movie 2 to load and play until it hits it's own stop frame. >
            repeat for as many cue points as needed >
            .flv ends
            .swf it set back to beginning (this part i have already done).

i would even accept just making the cue points start and stop the main timeline and i'll use text tweens. help! all the tutorials have been to advanced or about flash presentations using screens.

i used event cue points when authoring my .flv file, but maybe that is incorrect as well?

any ideas?"