• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing Audition Favorite

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work at a company where a previous editor created a great setting to process VO for television. I can only find the preset in my favorites tab. I would love to back up and share this preset to another computer. I've tried looking at a number of tutorials on YouTube but they haven't helped. Working on Audition 2017.1.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

You need to go to the Audition Settings folder on your computer and find and copy the Favorites.xml file. Exactly where that is on your computer depends on whether you are using a PC or a Mac and which version of Audition you have. If you are on the latest Audition version you can probably find it by going to the Help menu and click on Reveal Log Files. This will take you into the 'logs' folder in Audition's settings folder. So you will find the file you want by going back up a folder level.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to the Audition Settings folder on your computer and find and copy the Favorites.xml file. Exactly where that is on your computer depends on whether you are using a PC or a Mac and which version of Audition you have. If you are on the latest Audition version you can probably find it by going to the Help menu and click on Reveal Log Files. This will take you into the 'logs' folder in Audition's settings folder. So you will find the file you want by going back up a folder level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently using the latest version and working on a Mac. I couldn't find the "Audition Settings" folder or Revealing the "Log Files" inside Audition. Do you have an idea of the path to get to "Audition Settings"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I am not a Mac user so don't know the path for Audition's settings folder on a Mac. This thread in the FAQs gives info for CS6 so I believe that the latest version will be in a similar path but with the last number changed to '10.0'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/Users/miked95180499/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Audition/10.0/Favorites.xml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it! It worked. Is there a way to share just one favorite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there's a way to do that without hand-modifying the XML and copying over the elements corresponding to the particular favorite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines