thank you for your advice...tried all the solutions found in the threads but they didn't help. The problem with the missing dll only affects Premiere Elements but does not affect Photoshop. I tried deleting and re-installing Premiere Elements and doing a system restore Those attempts were negative. Very frustrating as I have some video editing projects I cannot work on.
This driver is part of C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012, an optional load for the Microsoft operating system.
Try downloading the latest from here and see if it fixes it.
Though that looks like what Bob recommended and for some reason it didn't work for you, even though you installed the whole set and rebooted.
So I'm not sure what's up with things at your end. That's definitely where the solution lies.
I am having the same exact problem. One day Elements worked fine, the next day, zip. I have followed all of the recommended fixes including repairing the .dll, reinstalling the application. Every time I launch the app, and it fails, I have to do a hard reboot of my computer. Surely this is not a coincidence. I've spent over four hours already today trying to sus this out.
This may be related to a Windows OS upgrade. I have heard from several persons whose Microsoft-based utilities are not functioning properly.
Don't know if you saw this, but I did it and it fixed my problem:
Thanks for posting in Adobe forum.
I understand you are facing issue with Elements 14.1.
Can we try the following steps:
Please click here to download Adobe Application Manager for Windows.
- After installation please double click its icon on your desktop screen to complete the installation.(Windows)
- Open "Control Panel"
- Open "Programs & Features"
- Repair the following list of programs
* Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64)
* Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86)
* Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64)
* Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86)
* Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64)
* Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)
- Restart your machine & check Adobe Elements
Hope this helps