Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synced Collection and new PC

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need help.

I’m using Lightroom CC and was working on the collection I have created on my Mac but was editing it on my iPad. Now my mac is dead and I need to export edited images from that collection.

I have all the images backed up and I have a second PC where Lightroom is installed but I have never turned on the sync button there Yet.

Is there a way to sync PC so it sees the collection from a cloud with all the edits (because they were done on iPad and synced with cloud) but then point that collection to the file folder with the backed up images on a new PC?

Or there is no way to update folder location for collections?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

It is only possible to download the smart previews either individually or as a batch in a zip folder. To export as DNG you need access to the masters. You would need to re-create the catalog on the second PC and update the folder locations where necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only possible to sync one single catalog. So it won't work assuming a different catalog on the second PC.

It may be simpler to log-in to your LR Mobile Webspace and download photos within a browser.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

For the future you can of course copy a catalog backup to the second PC and copy all the images if you have a clone e.g. exactly the same folder & file structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to download files in dng or xml of those files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only possible to download the smart previews either individually or as a batch in a zip folder. To export as DNG you need access to the masters. You would need to re-create the catalog on the second PC and update the folder locations where necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess it's the only way for me as right now there are proxy copies of files in Lightroom web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines