• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need assistance with converting scanned PDF to searchable text

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have scanned a portion of a book into a PDF document and I would like to use an iOS app to read and annotate this document. In order to highlight text in the document, I need to convert the PDF into searchable text. I assume that OCR in Adobe Acrobat DC should be capable of making this conversion, however I'm uncertain how to do this. Can someone provide some assistance? Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution online and I'll post it here, in the event that others have the same question.

Acrobat can now run OCR on a scanned PDF that contains images with live text on them. Earlier, if you would run OCR on such a PDF, you would see the error message – “This page contains renderable text.”  

Run OCR on scanned documents with live text:

1. Open the scanned PDF in Acrobat DC

2. Go to Tools > Enhance Scan > Recognizable Text > In This File.

3. Click Settings in the toolbar. The Recognize Text dialog box is displayed.

4. In the Output drop-down menu, choose Searchable Image or Searchable Image (exact) and click OK.

5. Click Recognize Text in the toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines