• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System error

Enthusiast ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since sometime last week, I keep getting the following error when opening the Lightroom forum page or trying any of the other community forums (feedback.photoshop.com works ok :

"System error

We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system"

I have cleared "forum.adobe.com" cookies and cleared browser cache.

Once I delete the all "forum.adobe.com" cookies it will let me access the forum until I exit the browser then reopen it or visit the forum the next day I have repeat cookie deletion.

Normally, I use Firefox but the problem occurs when I try Chrome as well and should have separate cache/cookie from Firefox?

Any ideas to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be an intermittent problem that is been investigated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem using Firefox I was able to get in here via manual entry with SeaMonkey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I get the error "System error - We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system".

This started during the night some time after midnight GMT on 28 June 2017. This is when I see it

* When signed in on my iPhone, using Safari.

I do not see it

* When not signed in the iPhone

* On Windows

Supplementary information: I also cannot use Chrome on Windows if signed in, tried multiple versions and systems. If I sign in the forum page is completely blank or there is (sometimes) an error about header length. I have to go to Adobe's home page, sign out, and I can continue to review (but not reply) to messages. I have to reply using IE, or iPhone. Well, IE now. Chrome has been like this for years, I gave up trying to get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received the same error message several times today. I tried different browsers, I also tried access via broadband and 4G mobile. I each case the message was "System error - We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system".

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, all for the additional information. We're aware and investigating- as soon as I get any good news from our tech team & forum software provider, I will let you know!

Some tricks to fix:

-Clear cookies/cache or reset browser.

-Some browsers should let you clear cookies for just forums.adobe.com, too

-Try an incognito/private browser.

Hope this helps a bit- we're so sorry that this isn't fixed yet!

-Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else happening this morning

I approve a message in Moderation... nothing in the message that needs moderation... no links or bad words, so seems to be from a new member, and a few minutes the same message is back in Moderation

Jive system is weird today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several days of needing to delete forums.adobe.com cookies each new time I used the forums everything seems to be back to normal since yesterday.

-bh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MadisonMLeupp  wrote

-Some browsers should let you clear cookies for just forums.adobe.com, too

Clearing only the Adobe cookies might not be enough. In Firefox, I also had to clear the Jive cookies. Not a surprise since the problem appears to be related to the login process as I explained on Photoshop Family.

Very frankly, I'm wondering why Adobe continue to use this crappy, slow software for their forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I remember, there was some discussion about it being a MAJOR effort to translate the forum history from what Adobe was using at the time into the data format used by Jive (I don't know if the previous forum was something built in house, or a different platform purchased from a different vendor)

I am going to GUESS that converting the current history to any other format would also be a large project

Again guessing here... whoever is in charge of forums has decided to limp along with Jive rather than go through the upheaval of replacing Jive while keeping the history of messages for searches... and the idea of just starting over with some other forum software, and no carried forward history, is one that I think very few people would favor

But, as I said, that is just a guess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, another (possibly random) data point

Started IE and first went to Facebook... when clicked on a forum link, the error

Closed IE and this time went directly to a forum link... and here I am

May be random, or may be that FB is doing "something" in a cookie that causes a Jive error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, learned today that the problem has nothing to do with Facebook

Sat down with morning coffee... opened browser and went to a forum 1st... right in with not problems

A few minutes ago came in for a break, and had to close browser TWICE before the 3rd opening would work to open a forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem back for me too. Now also in Internet Explorer and Edge (+ Chrome and Firefox).

Removing the Adobe and Jive cookies again fixed the problem. Signing in again becomes of course necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution is to go into my browser's settings for cookies and delete all cookies for forums.adobe.com (not adobe.com, but specifically forums.adobe.com). After I do that, it allows me into the site without the need to login... apparently using my existing cookies/login state for adobe.com. So something forums.adobe.com (Jive?) stores in users' browsers cookies isn't working or is causing something elsewhere not to work etc.

I have been seeing this error (pasted below) for at least the last week or so. In fact, before I found a solution, I just avoided using the forums. This is to say that a problem like this should be fixed and that Adobe may be missing important site traffic, the tips/answers, questions ... the all important neighborhood bustle so to speak, due to this issue.

System Error

We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only get this in Opera, can use Chrome without a bother but for some reason it only affects the one. I'm writing this in Chrome right now while in Opera I have the system error up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nexahs1138  wrote

I only get this in Opera, can use Chrome without a bother but for some reason it only affects the one. I'm writing this in Chrome right now while in Opera I have the system error up.

I bet if you use Chrome enough you'll eventually see the issue (assuming the issue is not fixed already). I say this because nothing about the issue seems browser-centric... it seems to be a cookie/server-side authentication issue. Given the nature of the bug, it can easily appear as though it's affecting one browser, but if you go to Chrome after seeing a failure in Opera, and you have not used Chrome in a few days or more for forums.adobe.com, then when you start Chrome it likely doesn't have the cookies causing the server to go down a negative path that fails implicit cookie-based authentication. The Adobe server/web and Jive folks should be able to easily understand and fix this problem with their server and related code. Of course, my theory here is slightly assumptive but it's what my chips are on and I think the odds are good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm told to clear the browser cache or sign in again. No [expletive removed] off Adobe, you chose to use Jive, so either they can provide a forum that works or they can't - give then an ultimatum Fix it or [expletive removed] off. They've had weeks to sort it out and the joke is now wearing thin!!!!!

[Expletives removed by moderator. Although, I do agree with your opinion and we share the same frustration, we do need to refrain from using profanity. Thanks. ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks -- The incognito/private window fixed both the iPhone Safari problem (new) and the Windows Chrome problem (years old), for me. Let's hope we can get it fixed for everyone...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed in with a different account I have, the other one, no matter what browser I use, gives me an error.

So it works on this account. I thought maybe I was banned for some reason, but now I see I am not the only one with the issue.

and not intermittent, all day today cannot get in. 7:30 am PST till 12:50pm pst (almost 5 hours)

Has nothing to do with cookies, cache, or passwords reset, deleted them all, and when I use a browser I never been to the forums, it has nothing to do with those things. at least not for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ariapictures on my other account and I am now in...  Seems to be working...  Whoo hoo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm continuing to see the error in Safari on Mac, but not in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the message in Chrome but not FF on a W10 machine.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this in Chrome on both windows and mac, but it only happens when I am logged in. If I'm not logged in, I can browse the forums.

I have to use Safari on Mac to access the forums when I am logged in. In Chrome, I get this in the developer console when logged in:

adobe_login?referer=https://forums.adobe.com/community/illustrator/illustrator_sdk/content:1 GET https://forums.adobe.com/adobe_login?referer=https://forums.adobe.com/community/illustrator/illustra... 500 (Internal Server Error)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Win10 and use the default Internet Explorer... everything up to date from Microsoft

I have ZERO fails on any other site I visit (Google news and click on lots of links to read what is going on in the world)

Jive is the ONLY place I visit that has a total failure

When Jive isn't working, I am not going to install a different browser or do any of the other "jump through hoops" steps discussed here

Jive is the problem, not my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines