5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2017 10:52 AM by ImmersiveMediaPatrick

Importing Markers

ImmersiveMediaPatrick Level 1

I'm currently trying to import markers in a Premiere plugin.

I'm using a Premiere Import plugin and an After Effects Effect plugin.

The AEGP_MarkerSuite2 offers a NewMarker API, but it seems that it's not available in Premiere.

The PrSDKMarkerSuite available in Premiere doesn't look to offer any way to create markers.

What's the most straight forward way to import a bunch of markers into Premiere from a plugin?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Importing Markers
          e.d. Level 3

Hi Patrick,

I'd suggest you save the markers to a text or xml file, import them to Premiere (or pass them from another panek as JSON) and assign them to thei respective clips or sequences. This might help get you started.

Best,

e.d.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Importing Markers
            Bruce Bullis Adobe Employee

What sort of Premiere plug-in?

What's the entire workflow?

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Importing Markers
              sberic Level 2

e.d.  wrote

I'd suggest you save the markers to a text or xml file, import them to Premiere (or pass them from another panek as JSON) and assign them to thei respective clips or sequences. This might help get you started.

The repository structure just changed today to be more application-agnostic. This change broke any link to Premiere.jsx that wasn't to a specific commit version. As this change literally just happened, I'm helping out by providing an updated link. This is what e.d. was referring to.

2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Importing Markers

Our workflow is currently...

• User records data (and places bookmarks while recording)
                • Recorded data is imported into Premiere using a PP Import plugin
                • Data is rendered using OpenGL in AE Effect plugin
                • User marks in / out and exports segments of video to one of the built in export formats in Premiere.

We have control of the format, so we can access the bookmarks at any time in either of the plugins.

Ideally we'd like to automatically populate the timeline with the user's bookmarks when the session is imported.

• 5. Re: Importing Markers

e.d. I've come across the panel approach to import markers.  I'm willing to try and interface a panel to the Import plugin, but I'd like to avoid going down that route.  I'm really hoping there's a way to get the markers in from a native plugin.