• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dual Graphics Card

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Acer Predator laptop that has two graphics cards (Intel HD Graphics 530 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX980M).  Do I need to force it to use one of those for Adobe Premiere or After Effects, or will it automatically choose the best one?  If I do need to force it to use one of them, what would be the best way to do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

With CC 2017, you will need to manually force this selection - and you must disable one or the other. Otherwise, if you leave both enabled, you will be locked into the MPE software-only mode with no GPU acceleration whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With CC 2017, you will need to manually force this selection - and you must disable one or the other. Otherwise, if you leave both enabled, you will be locked into the MPE software-only mode with no GPU acceleration whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I correct that I should be forcing it to use the Nvidia?  Is the proper process to do this on Windows 10 to right click on the program ----->Run with Graphics Processor ----->High-performance NVIDIA processor, or is there something else that needs to be done to disable the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something else that needs to be done. Preferably, is there a way in your laptop's BIOS/EFI to disable the integrated Intel HD Graphics 530?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just realized that there is a macro button on the laptop to force it to always use the Nvidia Graphics.  Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines