• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does LR 2015.8 CC Say my primary external USB LR import destination is NOT available on Import?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I choose Import, select a source file, choose Copy and select the Destination Tab to choose the  external USB drive where I keep my imported images and catalog, I get the following message:

"The destination folder "P:\Pictures_LR CC 2015_Originals\Photos Go Here\+LEGACY\ALLEN FAMILY ALBUMS" IS NOT AVAILABLE. Using "Pictures" folder instead.

My "Pictures" folder opens for me to choose a destination when I want to Copy the image to my "P" Photos Go Here folder.

I can close the "Pictures" folder and navigate to the correct destination, but I am concerned the message may hint at bigger problems

Will Rudd

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

One possibility- Lightroom does not like some characters in file names. It may also apply to folder names and the plus sign in "+LEGACY" may be the cause of the error.

Note: Take care that if you rename the folder you will lose links to files that are already in the catalog, but an "update folder location" can fix that.

In Preferences-

ScreenShot050.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possibility- Lightroom does not like some characters in file names. It may also apply to folder names and the plus sign in "+LEGACY" may be the cause of the error.

Note: Take care that if you rename the folder you will lose links to files that are already in the catalog, but an "update folder location" can fix that.

In Preferences-

ScreenShot050.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First update LR to the .10.1 update. You can do it manually from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Second what version of Windows are you using, 7, 8, 8.1, 10?

Go into the Advanced power options and make sure the feature for USB, "USB selective suspend setting" is set to "Disabled" (You may have to type that word into the box).

Then how old is your external drive?

Does it show up in Windows/File Explorer (The Windows File Manager program)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines