• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d animation (rotating texts and globe) does not move after rendering and exported

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using photoshop cc 2017 to create 3d animation (rotating texts and globe). The animation preview in Timeline worked fine. But after rendering and being exported as a mp4 video clip, the animation just stood still, not moving at all. Any clue about the problem?

Here are the rendering parameters I chose:

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 11.36.02 AM.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

HM Shen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Actually, after I took the picture to the post, I did the rendering again. Everything was the same as before. Surprisingly, it did work this time! Amazing! Now I can relax and do the real 3d animation next. Thank you, Davescm, for your help! Much appreciated!

HM Shen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see anything wrong with your render settings (you will just render the draft on screen look with "Interactive OpenGL" set as render option but that should not affect the movement)

Can you post the timeline

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

I tried draft render option too. But neither worked!

here is the Timeline figure;

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 12.59.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, after I took the picture to the post, I did the rendering again. Everything was the same as before. Surprisingly, it did work this time! Amazing! Now I can relax and do the real 3d animation next. Thank you, Davescm, for your help! Much appreciated!

HM Shen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something wrong I just tried a similar set up and although all models moved in the preview, only the first of the models moved in the rendered video .

I have to leave shortly but I will have a look over the weekend to see if I can see what is causing it, including trying it in other versions of Photoshop before claiming "bug".

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, just take your time!

It would be great for you to figure out any bugs there!

Thanks!

HMS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a play with this this morning and the timeline 3D keyframes appear a bit flaky on multiple models. I had the same experience as you - preview always worked but video render sometimes did , sometimes did not,  sometimes all the models moved sometimes one , sometimes none.

I seem to be able to get them to work reliably by saving the document as soon as the keyframes have been added.

I will continue to test but would be interested if you see the same

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback!

I had just tried several times at the weekend. My experience was that the first time saving of PSD file and rendering file seemed not working, with the added timeline profile not saved. Even the repeated savings would not solve the problem. So, I just had to re-do the timeline and saved it again and then rendered the file again, it would work in this way. Strange enough for me though.

Please let me know if you find anything new.

Thanks,

HMS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines