1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2017 1:37 PM by Tariq Dar

Am I only able to add images of signatures& initials during first log in?

cheras62545319

I created two signatures when I first logged in (over a year ago), but now need to add two images of our written initials, and, for the life of me, Icannot find a way to do it....!

• 1. Re: Am I only able to add images of signatures& initials during first log in?
          Tariq Dar Adobe Employee

Hi cheras62545319, 

Sorry for the delay in response. To customise digital signature appearence, you may follow below-mentioned steps:

Users generally customise one or more signature appearances and store them for later use. Available signatures are listed in the appearance panel at signing time.

To customise a new signature appearance:

1. Choose Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Acrobat > Preferences (Macintosh).
          2. Choose in the left-hand list:
            • 10.x and earlier: Security and in the Appearance panel, choose New or Edit.
            • 11.x: Signatures > Creation and Appearance > More, and in the Appearance panel, choose New or Edit.

_images/digsig_newappearance.gif

1. Configure the signature appearance Title: Any title used to identify the appearance. These are useful for identifying which appearance to use for particular workflows.

_images/digsig_newappearance_title.png

1. Set the graphic options in the Configure Graphic panel:
            • No graphic: No graphic is used.
            • Imported graphic: Choose File > Browse, select a file and choose OK.
            • Name: Your text extracted from the signing certificate.

_images/digsig_newappearance_graphic.png

1. Set the text fields to display in the appearance in the Configure Text panel:
            • Name: The name associated with the certificate.
            • Date: The date signed. Signature appearances can only display local (computer) time, and it will likely differ from that in the Date/Time tab on the Signature Properties dialog when a timestamp server is used.
            • Location: The location associated with the identity configured in Acrobat.
            • Reason: The reason for signing.
            • Distinguished name: A name with details such as country, organization, organizational unit, and so on.
            • Labels: A label for each of the items above. For example, Reason.

_images/digsig_newappearance_textfields.png

1. Logo: The logo or graphic used as a background watermark. The default watermark is the Adobe PDF logo. Your watermark will be shared automatically in all of your signature appearances.

_images/digsig_newappearance_logo.png

1. Set the text direction and character set in the Text Properties panel:
            • Text Direction: Choose a direction appropriate for the signer’s language.
            • Digits: If languages are installed that use digits other than 1234567890, the drop-down list will be populated with alternate choices. Choose a digit set appropriate for the signer’s language.
          2. Choose OK.

_images/digsig_newappearance_textprops.png

For more information: Custom Signature Appearances — Digital Signatures Guide for IT

-Tariq Dar

1 person found this helpful