Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Evening out lighting.

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to even out the lighting on the image with the brown background. I attached an image (prada) as a reference for how even I would like it. My question is how  this could be done in the most exact way possible. I would play with some curves and layer masks but would think that there is a better way to do it. I would also want to repeat it so that the exact same look is on other images with the same background.

Thanks for any tips.

e.jpg0-p-w-resort-2017-catalogue_envelope.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d start with using Adobe Camera Raw’s Vignette option to help even out the all of your raw shots (you can sync the vignette to all images). If you only shot JPEG, then you could try using the ACR filter or processing the JPEG files in ACR. There are Photoshop methods, however the better the source image the less work to do in Photoshop. The green redaction box does not help interested parties much though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending how complex the image is, the quickest way may be just to mask the image using select and mask then place a color fill layer behind it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will try both. Behind the green square however I have a folder with shadows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always add shadows back in with layer effects

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please show me what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Right click on the masked layer and choose Blending Options. Under layer styles choose drop shadow then adjust the distance , angle, spread etc

A simple example below:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I need the shadows to show as they are though so I guess it would be better to paint them visible instead in the layer mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i was going to suggest sampling the lightest colour, then filling a colour fill layer with this value and then setting the layer blending to either lighten or lighter color, then perhaps using a very rough mask or perhaps layer blend if sliders to isolate the colour fill to the background. Problem is with only one image and a big green box on top of it, it is hard to go into more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The green box is just there to hide something I can't show. Thanks for tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fragment of the illustration peeking out from the green panel suggests that making a selection of the currently hidden image would be the primary challenge. I suggest that, in order to preserve the element you have hidden, the Blend if command with a blank layer below the image. Once cleared, it can be filled with your chosen flat color. (if necessary, depending on the density of the the now-hidden folder element, it may be masked to silhouette and placed on an added layer.)

layers.jpg

aaa.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines