2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2017 8:39 AM by douglass94636825

LR cc will not backup catalog

douglass94636825

Last week I upgraded from LR5 to LR-CC and have experienced no problems until today.  My catalog is scheduled to be backed up weekly on exit and today was the first instance of that.  I received a message that the backup could not be completed and I should check permissions and disk space on the target folder.....I have full control of the folder and there is tons of space available.  I found instructions to download from creative cloud a file "config.lua" and place it in the LR presets folder and followed that procedure exactly, but NO success.  What now?

• 1. Re: LR cc will not backup catalog
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Can you post a screen-clip showing the Backup dialog with the folder for the backup evident?

Is that folder (as shown) available and with full Read/Write permissions?  Is an external drive plugged in and operating?

I suggest also to change the  backup frequency in catalog settings {Menu >Edit>Catalog Settings) to "every time Lr exits"

• 2. Re: LR cc will not backup catalog
            douglass94636825 Level 1

Thank you for your offer of assistance.  After multiple frustrating efforts yesterday, I left my computer alone overnight and just came back to it.  Upon opening and then closing LR, the backup proceeded as it normally would prior to my upgrade.  I made no changes to any settings since yesterday.  Anyway, the problem is solved and I will pay no more attention to it :-)   BTW, I have a full disk image scheduled every night, so the backup from within LR is kinda like wearing suspenders in addition to a belt.