• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customizing contact sheets

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes want to print contact sheets (thumbnails + filenames) of 8 rows in 2 columns. The sorting (by filename, which starts with [my initials]_yymmdd) gives the ascending order row by row (i.e, left to right, left to right, left to right...eight times). 

I’d prefer the order to be down column one then down column two on each page.  Can that be set up to happen automatically?  I am aware that I could make a collection and sort manually, but I’d rather not do that if I don’t have to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

I do not believe that is possible.  The cells will always fill left>right, etc..

Designing the page (save a template 8x2) in the Print Custom Package would mean that you drag each and every photo from the filmstrip onto the page, but that might be faster than manually re-sorting in a collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe that is possible.  The cells will always fill left>right, etc..

Designing the page (save a template 8x2) in the Print Custom Package would mean that you drag each and every photo from the filmstrip onto the page, but that might be faster than manually re-sorting in a collection.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I don't use the custom package function in my work but will take a look. 

For my needs (I most recently wanted to do 40 images on three pages of 8x2 vs six of 8x1) I gather that getting used to the left>right default would be more efficient day in and day out than adding a task that involves dragging and dropping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines