2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2017 6:18 AM by Jeffrey Saldinger

Customizing contact sheets

Jeffrey Saldinger

I sometimes want to print contact sheets (thumbnails + filenames) of 8 rows in 2 columns. The sorting (by filename, which starts with [my initials]_yymmdd) gives the ascending order row by row (i.e, left to right, left to right, left to right...eight times). 

I’d prefer the order to be down column one then down column two on each page.  Can that be set up to happen automatically?  I am aware that I could make a collection and sort manually, but I’d rather not do that if I don’t have to.

• 1. Re: Customizing contact sheets
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

I do not believe that is possible.  The cells will always fill left>right, etc..

Designing the page (save a template 8x2) in the Print Custom Package would mean that you drag each and every photo from the filmstrip onto the page, but that might be faster than manually re-sorting in a collection.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Customizing contact sheets
            Jeffrey Saldinger Level 1

Thank you.  I don't use the custom package function in my work but will take a look. 

For my needs (I most recently wanted to do 40 images on three pages of 8x2 vs six of 8x1) I gather that getting used to the left>right default would be more efficient day in and day out than adding a task that involves dragging and dropping.