• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video disappears during editing

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am new to video and video editing. I have seen a similar question in the forums, but I do not understand any of the terminology given to solve the problem. Novice here!

I am near the end of editing (actually re-editing) my first video project. The first time around, I downloaded (imported?) the video clips just fine, and everything edited perfectly except for one clip that lost audio halfway through. What's up with that?

This time, all the clips are downloaded/imported just fine, I am near the end of the project, and the last two clips went blackscreen after being cut. The master is fine, they went onto the timeline fine, and after being trimmed the video itself disappeared and only the audio is available. What's up with that?

Please help by using little words. 'Explain it to me like I'm a two-year old' (Denzel Washington, "Philadelphia"). A two-year old without a smart phone!

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Miss Parker,

This happens to me all the time. It's a memory allocation problem, and it's easy to fix.  Basically, the more editing you do without 1) rendering and/or 2) saving as a video file, the more your computer has to keep track of.  The following should solve the problem, and while a bit more time consuming, it'll make your job easier.

1. When your video starts disappearing, use Ctrl + Z to back up to the point where you can see all your audio/video.

2. Render your materials by hitting the Re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to say without knowing a lot more about your operating system, your processor, the source of your videos, the length of your individual videos, the length of your project, etc.

In other words, it's not something we can easily and consistently reproduce, so we'd need to troubleshoot your situation to find it why it's happening on your computer with your particular video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Miss Parker,

This happens to me all the time. It's a memory allocation problem, and it's easy to fix.  Basically, the more editing you do without 1) rendering and/or 2) saving as a video file, the more your computer has to keep track of.  The following should solve the problem, and while a bit more time consuming, it'll make your job easier.

1. When your video starts disappearing, use Ctrl + Z to back up to the point where you can see all your audio/video.

2. Render your materials by hitting the Render button. (....be patient while rending takes place.)

3. Re-add the materials the you Ctrl + Z 'ed out. That should do the trick.

4. If rending doesn't work, go back to Step 1 (and get to the point where you can see all of your video again) and instead of clicking the Render button, click the Export & Share in the upper right corner.

5. Load the exported file, and finish your editing.

If it happens again, re-step the same process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, thank you, WillBeGoode! Thank you, Steve, for responding! These steps, WillBG, are easy to follow, and when I re-opened the program today all of the video appeared. Since I just learned that Adobe will not support me because I have APE 14, your responses mean a great deal to me. I am grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was not the case for me...whatsoever. I have delt with this numerous times, and it just happened AGAIN to me a couple minutes ago just as I was finishing a project. I had the video rendered, was color grading a section of the last clip I added in, zoomed out on my timeline, and surprise, no more video. However all of the audio is still there, perfectly cut and in place, just without video above it. This is beyond frustrating, it's affecting my upload schedule, and I've had enough. The clips also don't show up when you try to salvage them with auto save. I even hit command "S" every 5-10 minutes to be sure I don't lose it and it happens anyways. What do I do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webmaster,

You have responded to a very old topic.  If the issue was common, it would be a busy topic and not dead for a couple years.  

The hard truth is that this behaviour is so infrequent that it suggests hardware issues.   Those are hard to solve in a forum like this.  

Can you provide more detail about your system,CPU, version, memory, hard disk space, project, project settings, source video, etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm....is there any way to extend the memory allocation for this program?

I find that I can barely make 10 edits before video clips start disappearing.

thanks all 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think something might be wrong with your configuration or resources, nb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I know my question is odd but really wanted to know that is it good choice to use Kinemaster Mod APK for video editing instead of Adobe After Effects or any other software? It's just a question. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you asking this question in this thread on the Premiere Elements forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me with a proxy file. I manually replaced it with the oroiginal (non-proxy) and the problem went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happened to me with a proxy file. I manually replaced it with the oroiginal (non-proxy) and the problem went away.

By @yoavp94359601

You posted in the Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines